The Department of Environment and Primary Industries, through Surveyor-General Victoria (SGV), is the government's authority on surveying and property boundaries.
It is responsible for:
- providing and maintaining survey infrastructure
- providing survey and drafting services for government agencies
- managing the survey component of major government projects
- providing technical advice and guidelines for surveying
- monitoring the standard of surveys lodged with Land Victoria.
Information on what surveyors do in Victoria and the history of surveying.
||Find a licensed surveyor
Information on how to find a licensed surveyor in the state of Victoria. Plus how to confirm
a surveyor is licensed, and information on the Surveyors Registration Board of Victoria (SRBV).
||Government surveying services
Information on the Office of Surveyor-General Victoria, details on the services it offers including the
Survey Marks Enquiry Service and equipment calibration.
||Advice and guidelines for surveyors
Instructions to help surveyors interpret legislation and perform cadastral surveys, guidance notes on re-establishment principles.
Newsletters containing information updates on survey practice, special projects, news and events.
|Business Case for a Spatially Accurate Map Base 2011
A study of the economic merits of improving the spatial accuracy and reliability of Victoria's cadastral map base.