Vicmap Topographic - Hardcopy Maps
This map series, produced by Information Services Branch (ISB), will cover the entire state of Victoria and depicts both natural and constructed features such as contours, rivers, waterfalls, vegetation, roads, cliffs and crown land boundaries.
Victoria's statewide topographic maps
- 1:50 000 Statewide,
- 1:100 000, 1:25 000 and Specials over selected areas
- refer to the Vicmap Topographic- Hardcopy Map Index
- Sourced from the most current Vicmap and DEPI information
- GDA Datum
- For map sheet currency and edition number, refer to the Vicmap Hardcopy product list, current as of December 2013 or
- the Vicmap Topographic Hardcopy Revision Map June 2013
Geographic Facts (and Maps) of Victoria
Ever wanted to know where the southern most point of Victoria was? Or the size of Victoria's largest island. Then read on! Geographic Facts about Victoria
Vicmap Topographic 1:50 000 Map:
Wilsons Promontory Special Ed3
- Wilsons Promontory National Park
- Wilsons Promontory Marine National Park
- Imagery over the Wilsons Promontory on the reverse
The latest walking track and campsite information
Maps for Summer
Three suggested maps featuring wildflowers.
In the warmer months wildflowers bloom across Victoria's national and state parks.
Moondarra State Park, on Moe 1:50 000 8121-N, has amazing wildflower displays, especially along Seninis Track where sixteen species of native orchid have been found.
Paddys Ranges State Park, on Campbelltown 1:50 000 7623-N, is well known for wildflower displays in the spring and is home to 30 types of orchids.
Grampians National Park, on Grampians 1:50 000 7323-N, hosts colourful spring wildflower displays, with heathlands full of Grampians Boronia, Blue Pin-cushion Lily, and many other herbs and shrubs.
FREE Elevation Map of Victoria
Purchase any Vicmap Topographic hardcopy map from the Victorian Government Bookshop (counter sales only) and other map retailers and receive a free elevation map of Victoria (value $19.95) - offer available until stocks last
New App for Reading Georeferenced Vicmap Topographic Maps
An exciting new development in topographic mapping is the arrival of an app for reading and interacting with geo referenced PDFs. Currently available only for Apple iOS devices including the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch, this free app, Avenza PDF Map, will enable the user to interact with Vicmap Topographic Online 1:30 000 A4 & A3 map series.
- View your location on the PDF map using the built-in GPS device.
- View the coordinates of the current position and any waypoint (latitude and longitude)
- Plot waypoints, position and label names, enter attribute data and notes
- Export waypoints and associated attribute data to CSV, GPX or KML
- Quickly view, zoom and pan maps using gestures (pinch, drag and flick, double tap)
- Measure distance and area in map units.
- Download the free app from http://www.avenza.com/pdf-maps
- Download required Vicmap Topographic Map PDFs from http://services.land.vic.gov.au:8080/dseintranet/dsetopomaps.jsp or Admin maps from Inform > Maps > Maps
- View/Read map using PDF Maps app.
This map series, produced by ISD, will cover the entire state of Victoria and depicts both natural and constructed features such as contours, rivers, waterfalls, vegetation, roads, cliffs and crown land boundaries.
The attached PDF displays topographic map symbology as depicted on the Vicmap Topographic Mapping suite of hardcopy and digital products.
Vicmap Topographic Online symbology April 2012
Magnetic Information for Victoria
Vicmap Hardcopy Magnetic Info 2013
Vicmap Topographic Product Sheet
For a full colour, handy brief explanation of this product and others, with case studies.
Vicmap Topographic eNewsletter
The Vicmap Topographic eNewsletter will be published quarterly. The aim of this newsletter is to provide users with the latest news on Victorian topographic mapping products.
- Issue 12 - Vicmap Topo Newsletter Issue 12 July 2013
- Issue 11 - Issue 11: March 2013
- Issue 9 - February 2012
- Issue 8 - October 2011
- Issue 7 - June 2011
- Issue 6 - February 2011
- Issue 5 - September 2010
- Issue 4 - June 2010
- Issue 3 - March 2010
- Issue 2 - December 2009
- Issue 1 - Vicmap Topographic eNewsletter No 1 August 2009
Please note: Document(s) on this page are presented in PDF format. If you do not have the Adobe Reader, you can download a copy free from the Adobe web site.