Vision for Geodesy in Victoria
In pursuing this aim, Victoria’s geodetic infrastructure has been designed to:
- support statewide positioning in a way that is economic and efficient for users;
- maintain the same minimum accuracy across the entire state;
- use technology compatible with that preferred by the full range of users;
- meet the needs of existing and future users; and
- be consistent with the overall national framework managed by Geoscience Australia’s National Geospatial Reference Systems Project.