Management Procedures for Timber Harvesting, Roading and Regeneration in Victoria’s State Forests 2009
The Management Procedures for Timber Harvesting, Roading and Regeneration in Victoria’s State Forests, 2009 (the Management Procedures) provide additional guidance to DEPI and VicForests staff in meeting the requirements of the Code, and specify environmental and operational requirements additional to those of the Code.
The objectives of the Management Procedures are to:
- standardise, where appropriate, the management of timber harvesting operations and associated activities in all Victorian State forests
- provide instruction on operational and administrative procedures
- form part of the regulatory framework for timber harvesting operations and associated activities
- provide a framework for consistent administrative arrangements between DEPI and VicForests and an operation level
- provide a framework for VicForests and DEPI to prepare subsidiary operational procedures for staff, contractors and timber harvesting operators.