Victorian Bushfire Information Line
Call 1800 240 667
DEPI, in partnership with CFA, established the Victorian Bushfire Information Line (VBIL) to provide information during significant bushfire incidents and to help the community to prepare for bushfire risk. Keep the VBIL 1800 240 667 number handy.
If you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment you can contact VBIL through National Relay Service.
People who require an interpreting, translating service contact Victorian Interpreting and Translating Service then ask for VBIL on 1800 240 667.
The Victorian Bushfire Information Line (VBIL) provides information during and after major bushfire incidents. It also offers information to help householders, landowners and small businesses reduce bushfire risk.
In a situation where you can see or smell smoke, VBIL can advise whether or not a planned burn is in progress.
Ring 1800 240 667 to find out:
- Bushfire safety messages
- Community meeting information
- Emergency Relief Centre location details
- Bushfire recovery information
- Total Fire Bans and Fire Restrictions
- DEPI fuel reduction burns and other planned burns
- Annual DEPI fire planning and community consultation.
- phone by trained operators during business hours 8.00am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday (or outside business hours when significant fires are occurring)
- National Relay Service for the hearing impaired (see below)
- recorded information on specific topics 24 hours a day
- mailing out information packs about bushfire safety and fire management.
Bushfire information for the hearing impaired
If you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service: www.relayservice.com.au
TTY users phone 1800 555 677 then ask for 1800 240 667
Speak and Listen users phone 1800 555 727 then ask for 1800 240 667
Internet relay users connect to the NRS then ask for 1800 240 667
Callers can also email the Victorian Bushfire Information Line during business hours at email@example.com.
To report a fire or emergency (TTY users only), access TTY 106
TTY 106 is a dedicated text-based emergency relay service with direct access to fire, police and ambulance services. It can only be contacted through a TTY machine, not from a mobile phone or ordinary phone.