Feedback and Enquiries, Native Vegetation Products
Native Vegetation Information for Victoria | EVC Benchmarks | Accessing Native Vegetation Information | Simplified Native Vegetation Groups | Glossary | Feedback and Enquiries | Native Vegetation Home
On this page:
The Department of Environment and Primary Industries (DEPI) have developed native vegetation products to assist with the classification and representation of native vegetation in Victoria. These products include native vegetation mapping and ecological vegetation class (EVC) benchmarks. The DEPI seeks to improve the quality of its native vegetation products and this page outlines how to provide feedback on native vegetation mapping and to make an enquiry regarding an EVC.
Feedback on native vegetation mapping
In October 2007, the Department of Environment and Primary Industries (DEPI) released its revised native vegetation datasets (mapping). Further information on these datasets is provided within the information sheets on the 'Accessing native vegetation information' webpage.
DEPI is now providing users of these datasets and maps with the opportunity to provide feedback.
Feedback is sought in three main areas:
- Where EVCs may be wrongly labelled
- Where an area shows native vegetation, but there is none
- Where the extent (boundary line) of an EVC may be wrongly placed.
How to provide feedback on the native vegetation datasets (mapping):
1. It is important to read this information sheet first: Native vegetation mapping - your feedback Information sheet no. 6
It provides you with step by step instructions on how to provide feedback.
2. Download the 'native vegetation mapping feedback form' and save it to your computer.
3. Complete the 'feedback form' and check that all the required information is provided correctly.
4. Once completed, submit your feedback to the native vegetation information team by one of the methods listed below:
|via fax:||(03) 9637 8451|
|via mail:||Attention Native Vegetation Information Manager,
Department of Environment and Primary Industries,
2/8 Nicholson Street,
East Melbourne, Vic 3002
Further enquiries regarding EVC benchmarks
EVC benchmarks will continue to be developed and refined as vegetation assessments are conducted across Victoria. DEPI has established a process for reviewing and revising changes to EVC benchmarks where required and deemed to be valid.
If you have a query regarding an EVC benchmark or if you are looking for an unpublished EVC benchmark, please contact the native vegetation information team via: email@example.com
Your email should contain the following infomations: EVC name, mapping unit number and the bioregion name along with your contact details. Please allow approximately one week for a response.