Have your say on the Lang Lang Foreshore Reserve Draft Coastal Management Plan
The Lang Lang Foreshore Reserve Draft Management Plan has been prepared by Ainley Projects, on behalf of the Lang Lang Foreshore Reserve Committee Incorporated and the Department of Environment and Primary Industries (DEPI), to provide direction and a vision for the management of the Lang Lang Foreshore Reserve for the next three years.
The vision for the management of Lang Lang Foreshore Reserve is:
“To ensure the protection and enhancement of its environmental, cultural heritage and recreational values.”
Key recommendations of the draft plan are to:
- Ensure ongoing sustainable and efficient management of the reserve, acknowledging and planning for the potential impacts of climate change.
- Protect, enhance and promote the natural values and Ramsar significance of the reserve and surrounding area.
- Recognise and protect the cultural and heritage values of the reserve and surrounding area.
- Develop a day use recreational area that provides for a range of activities and is easily accessible.
- Continue to plan for the sustainable management of the caravan park and associated infrastructure, recognising the potential impacts of climate change.
- Ensure boatsheds are managed and used in accordance with relevant policies, regulations and standards.
Ainley Projects, on behalf of the committee and DEPI, is now seeking comments on the draft Coastal Management Plan from local residents and interested members of the public.
Please complete and return the feedback submission form by 16 March 2012 to:
12/109 Tulip Street
Cheltenham VIC 3192
Download the document
Please note: Document(s) on this page are presented in PDF format. If you do not have the Adobe Reader, you can download a copy free from the Adobe web site.