White Cliffs to Camerons Bight Foreshore Reserve Draft Coastal Management Plan
The White Cliffs to Camerons Bight Foreshore Reserve Draft Management Plan has been prepared by the White Cliffs to Camerons Bight Foreshore Reserve Committee of Management in consultation with the Department of Environment and Primary Industries (DEPI) to provide a vision for the management of the White Cliffs to Camerons Bight Foreshore Reserve for the next three years under the Coastal Management Act 1995.
The Vision for White Cliffs to Camerons Bight Foreshore Reserve is "to manage the reserve to enhance the natural environment while providing a range of recreational opportunities and increasing the sustainability of amenities."
Key recommendations of the draft plan are:
- To restore the vegetation areas as close as possible to its original condition (pre Collins Settlement);
- To develop full occupancy of caravan parks from December to April by providing improved and sustainable facilities, and investigate alternative non-permanent accommodation;
- To provide safe pedestrian access where appropriate whilst maintaining the integrity of native vegetation and subject to pre-planning and stakeholder consultation processes;
- Undertake a strategic assessment of access along the south side of Point Nepean Rd; and
- To continue to work with the Blairgowrie Yacht Squadron to ensure the environment is protected and the wider community maintain safe access to and enjoyment of the site.
The Draft Coastal Management Plan is currently being reviewed by the Committee of Management and DEPI following community consultation. The final plan will be submitted to the Minister for Environment and Climate Change for his approval in due course and will be available on the DEPI website when approved.
Download the document:
Draft Coastal Management Plan - White Cliffs to Camerons Bight Foreshore Reserve