Cannons Creek Foreshore Reserve Draft Management Plan
The Cannons Creek Foreshore Reserve Coastal Management Plan is now on exhibition and open for public comment.
The plan has been developed by the Cannons Creek Foreshore Reserve Committee of Management (CoM) Inc. in consultation with the Department of Environment and Primary Industries (DEPI).
The Vision is "People and Nature in Partnership".
The Mission for the Cannons Creek Foreshore is to clearly identify strategic directions and objectives to facilitate recreational use and tourism, and provide for the protection and enhancement of significant features of the coastal reserve, within a sustainable environmental, economic and social framework.
Proposed actions include:
- Safety and maintenance upgrades of existing facilities and the provision of new facilities including seating and signage
- Erosion control works along the base of the cliff and at Watsons Point
- The construction of a boardwalk between the mangroves and the cliff
- The potential addition of the area including the Bluff jetty and carpark into the Reserve
- To extend the walkway north beyond Watsons Point Jetty
- Weed control works including thinning of Sallow Wattle.
The Committee of Management and DEPI are now seeking comments from local residents and interested members of the public.
Please return the attached submission form by Tuesday 31 January 2012 to:
Department of Environment and Primary Industries
PO Box 3000
Box Hill 3128
If you are unable to download the Draft Plan, copies can be viewed at the City of Casey Customer Service Centres at Narre Warren and Cranbourne.