The Department of Environment and Primary Industries (DEPI) plays a key role in supporting the state government’s priority to boost productivity in Victoria’s food and fibre sector.
DEPI’s responsibilities include:
- managing land and water on public and private land
- improving service delivery to regional areas
- focus on jobs and investment
- delivering better regulation
- building and maintaining healthy, natural envionments
- managing our natural resources
- responding to fire, flood and biosecurity emergencies.
DEPI has been formed from the Department of Sustainability and Environment and the Department of Primary Industries. Information about our work is currently located on this website and at www.dpi.vic.gov.au.
The Energy and Resources portfolio is moving to the new Department of State Development, Business and Innovation.
DEPI advises and supports:
- The Hon. Ryan Smith MP, Minister for Environment and Climate Change
- The Hon. Peter Walsh MP, Minister for Water, Minister for Agriculture and Food Security
The Department Secretary is Adam Fennessy. More about our goals, people, partners and stakeholders.